22 Apr 2015 | Category: Marketing, SME's
Earlier this month, on Thursday 16th April, Enterprise First held their second Digital Marketing Workshop in Folkestone in partnership with digital marketing agency, Whitefish Marketing. After the success of the first workshop held on Thursday 12th March (feedback can be seen in this video) we were keen to host another to assist budding new businesses and existing small business owners with all their marketing needs. The workshop, presented by Chris Surridge the Digital Marketing Director from Whitefish Marketing, lasted half a day and covered the topics of:
• Adoption of digital – how much is enough?
• What’s your USP and the real marketing message?
• Which digital marketing acquisition methods to choose
• How to focus on customer engagement within your site
• Using Google Analytics
• Measuring your ROI and opportunity cost
• Ultimate checklist for quick wins
• Useful resources
Chris said: “The event was highly successful from our perspective. Through our partnership with Enterprise First, the event allowed us to communicate to small businesses who were in need of marketing help. There was a lot of energetic engagement on the day amongst the delegates, and from the positive remarks and feedback it was clear that people found it useful. I am looking forward to our next event and hope the delegates continue to find our workshops of benefit to their business.”
One business owner who attended the workshop was David Clarke from David Clarke Web Designs based in Romney Marsh and David described the day as a “most enlightening experience” on his business blog. More information about his business and his contact details can be found on his website. Speaking about the workshop, David said: “I have had a rather interesting and eye-opening day today at the Digital Marketing Workshop I attended in Folkestone. Organised by Julie Waller of Enterprise First, and presented by Chris Surridge of Whitefish Marketing, it was well worth the journey to Folkestone by bus.” David’s full blog post can be found here.
The workshop taught attendees about:
• The essential need for digital marketing and the positive effects it will have for their business when done correctly
• How to focus on just the essential elements of their digital marketing campaigns, to help reduce expenditure wastage
• What to look out for and how to analyse your business and website (analysing yourself)
• Extra support and where to go to progress further
If you were unable to attend the workshop but are interested in the marketing support and advice provided by Whitefish Marketing, you can find out more and get in touch with them via their website.
If you are interested in finding out more about the business support provided by Enterprise First in and around Folkestone, you can contact Enterprise First (01252 319272) to arrange a FREE 1:1 business advice session with Business Adviser Julie Waller who works across Shepway District Council.