Being An Employer
25 Sep 2015 | Category: HMRC, Money, Payroll, SME's
If you have recently taken on staff, or you’re planning to do so, and you’re not sure where to start, HMRC have got a handy online tutorial to help you.
The tutorial covers all the basic information that you’ll need to get started as an employer.
– Getting started: what you need to know before you take on your first employee
– Registering with HMRC: when and how you tell HMRC you’ve become an employer
– Taking on staff: what to do when you take on employees
– Tax and national insurance: some background information to help you run your payroll
– Payroll and paying HMRC: choosing, setting up and running your payroll so you can send reports and payments to HMRC
– Others things to think about: such as statutory payments, employees leaving and what to do at the end of the tax year
Whether you’re starting from the beginning, or just touching up on your knowledge, the tutorial is easy to access and use whenever and whenever you need it.
The full online tutorial can be found here.
If you require further support with HMRC, taxes and finances, book to attend one of our FREE bookkeeping workshops. If you are looking for general, one-to-one business support, one of our Enterprise First business advisers can help you.