- a one-to-one relationship between a less experienced person (mentee) and an established professional (mentor), which provides consistent support, guidance and practical help
- a process by which an experienced professional shares their personal skills, knowledge and experience with another person
- a means of enabling a less experienced person to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to be able to perform at a higher level
- an opportunity for a less experienced person to gain access to impartial, non-judgmental guidance and support
- a process of working together to achieve predetermined goals and objectives
- a two-way process through which both parties derive satisfaction from the progress, and success is attained through working together
Meeting with a business mentor will give you a chance to discuss your ideas, voice any areas of concern and generally benefit from the wealth of experience that our business mentors have. We offer this as a free service so if you’re looking for a bit of extra help why not get in touch.
This opportunity is for established businesses, as this is where the mentors skill sets lie, and is available in Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex, Berkshire and parts of Kent and is offered for up to a 12 month period.
If you’d like to apply for a business mentor, please complete the Mentee Enquiry Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The scheme we are associated with is funded by the British Bankers Association, BBA. Hundreds of bank staff have pledged their support to the mentoring initiative by signing up to become mentors.
These staff are deployed by the accredited mentoring organisations on Mentorsme which is operated by the Better Business Finance programme, set up by five high street banks: Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Royal Bank of Scotland and Santander.